This policy is intended for and applies to all visitors who log onto our website and customers who have subscribed to the services that we offer on Alpha Appeal.
2. Purpose of this Policy
We at Alpha Appeal respect your privacy and take the protection of all the personal information you share with us seriously. The purpose of this policy is to explain to you, our users, how we collect, store, use and protect your information that can be associated with a specific natural or juristic person and can be used to identify that person.
2.1. Personal Information includes:
- The specific information collected through the registration.
- Optional information that you can choose to disclose with us.
2.2. However, it excludes:
- The anonymous information that was intended to be anonymous so as to not identify a specific person.
- Information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you.
- Non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by Alpha Appeal that you have willingly and voluntarily provided in an open, public environment, including but not limited to; blogs, online forums or chat rooms. If this information had been shared in public platforms, it is non-confidential and cannot be identified as personal information which is subject to protection under this policy.
3. Acceptance of Terms
You are subject to the acceptance of all our terms and conditions when register for any of our services. If there are terms that you do not agree within this policy, then you cannot register for or use any of the services provided on this site.
If you are younger than 18 years old or have no legal capacity to enter into a binding legal contract then you may not register on our site. By accepting this policy, you are agreeing that you have read, understood, accepted and agreed to be bound by all the terms herein.
We at Alpha Appeal may change the terms of this policy at any time. We will notify you of any changes through a notice on the website or email. If you are dissatisfied with any of the changes, you may opt-out of using our services.
If you continue to use our services after the fact, you are deemed to have accepted the change of terms and they will apply to you.
Once you register on our website, you will no longer be an anonymous visitor as you will be providing us with personal information.
The personal information will include:
- Name, Surname, Company Name, Registration Number and VAT number (if applicable)
- Postal Address, Email Address, Contact Number and Postal Code
- Unique User ID and Password
5.2. Collection on Use:
In order for us to provide our Services to you, you will be required to provide us with additional information on a voluntary basis such as Service Information.
5.3. Optional Details:
You may also provide additional information voluntarily (Optional
Information). This information includes content or product you decide to download or upload from our website or when you enter competitions, use promotions, respond to surveys, register and subscribe to new or certain additional services or otherwise use the optional features and functionality of the website.
5.4. Collection from Browser:
When you access our website we may send one or more cookies (small string of alphanumeric characters) to your device to collect certain usage information. We use session cookies (which disappear after you exit your browser) and persistent cookies (which remain after you have exited you’re and can be removed manually) and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our website. We use information gathered by cookies to improve our website.
5.6. Web Beacons:
Our website may contain electronic image requests (called “Single-pixel GIF” or “Web Beacon” request) that allow us to count page views and access cookies. Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner) can act as a web beacon. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor or share any of your personal information. We use them to compile anonymous information about our website.
5.7. The purpose for Collection:
We may use any service information and optional information provided by you for such purposes as indicated to you at the time you agree to provide such optional information. We may use your information for the purposes described in 5.4 and 5.5 above and to:
- Remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the website.
- Monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed and to;
- Track your entries, submissions and status in any promotions or other activities in connection with your usage of the website.
6. Consent to Collection
We will obtain your consent to protect your personal information:
- In accordance with applicable law; and
- At the time you provide us with any registration information and optional information.
7.1. Messages and Updates:
We may send administrative messages and email updates to you regarding the website. In some cases, we may send your primarily optional messages. You can choose to opt-out of promotional messages.
- Our service providers under contract who assist with certain aspects of our operations (i.e. fraud prevention, marketing and technology services). Our contracts dictate that these services providers only use your information for the services they provide to us and not for their own gain.
- Credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by the law.
- Banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that you use the Services to receive payment and you meet their criteria).
If you contact us regarding your experience with using any of our products and or services, we may disclose your personal information as required by law or governmental audit.
8.3. Law Enforcement:
We may disclose personal information if required:
- By a subpoena or court order
- To comply with any law
- To protect the safety of any individual or the general public
- To prevent the violation of our terms of service
8.5. Marketing Purposes:
We may disclose aggregate statistics (information about the general population in general terms) about the personal information to advertisers or business partners.
8.6. Change of Ownership:
If we undergo any change in ownership, enter into a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to another entity; we will disclose the transfer on the website. If you are concerned about your personal information migrating to a new owner, you may ask us to remove your personal information.
We may need to disclose personal information to our employees that require the personal information to do their jobs.
9. Security of Personal Information:
We protect your personal information using electronic safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption and we authorise access to our employees who need it to carry out their duties.
10. Accurate and Up to Date:
We will try to keep the personal information we collect as accurate, complete and up to date as is needed for the purposes mentioned in clause 5.7. We will request that you update your personal information on our site from time to time. You are able to view your or update any personal information that we have on you by accessing your account online or through an email request.
Please note that in order to better protect you and guard personal information, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account or making any corrections to your personal information.
11. Retention of Personal Information:
We will only retain your details for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose in clause 5.7, unless:
- Retention is required by law or
- You have consented to the retention of the record During the period of retention, we will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your personal information.
12. Transfers of Personal Information Outside South Africa:
We may transmit or transfer personal details outside South Africa to a foreign country. Personal Information may be stored on servers located outside of South Africa in a foreign country whose laws protecting personal information may not be as stringent as the laws in South Africa.
You consent to us processing your personal information in a foreign country where the laws regarding the protection of personal information may not be as stringent.
13. Updating or Removing:
You may choose to correct, update or remove the personal information you have submitted to us by visiting the website and accessing your profile portal.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of any third-party websites.